Here are a few suggestions for keeping in contact with your grandchildren:
- Zoom cooking sessions. Food is always a great connector.
- If grandkids live nearby, taking nature walks. Bring a surprise snack. Gives you great time together.
- Zoom (or Facetime or Skype) a favorite story. Everyone loves story hour.
- Playing online or by cell phone various word games. Just pick a theme and see where that goes. Kids love it.
- Talk about the future and specifically what the kids would like to do when covid is over and when they get a bit older.
It’s really important to stay in touch — for both the grandparent and for the grandchild.